Deputy association endorses state, local candidates
Members of the Carson City Sheriff’s Protective Association released a list Thursday of candidates they are supporting in the 2006 elections.
Deputy Mark Jongsma, association president, said the following people were endorsed for their support of law enforcement and public safety:
• Governor – Jim Gibbons (R)
• Lt. Governor – Brian Krolicki (R)
• Nevada Attorney General: – Catherine Cortez Masto (D)
• State Controller – Kim Wallin (D)
• U.S. Congressional District – Dawn Gibbons (R)
• U.S. Senate: – John Ensign (R)
• State Senators Carson City -Mark Amodei (R)
• Assembly District 40 Carson City – Bonnie Parnell (D)
• Washoe County Sheriff – Mike Haley
• Carson City Supervisor Ward 1 – Robin Williamson
Jongsma said the organization is waiting until after the primary election on Aug. 15, to announce endorsements for Carson City Supervisor Ward 3 and Lyon County Sheriff.
The Carson City Sheriff’s Protective Association is made up of the 72 deputies who serve within the Carson City Sheriff’s Department.