Chinese performing arts coming to BAC
January 26, 2014
Traditional Chinese dance, music and storytelling are planned the afternoon of Feb. 8 in the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall.
The event will be at 2 p.m. in the hall at 511 W. King St., according to the BAC, which said tickets for general admission are $10. Admission costs $8 for students and seniors, and $6 for BAC members.
People were encouraged by the BAC to celebrate Chinese New Year with Xian Na Carlson, who will share the dancing, music and storytelling of her native culture. There will be an opportunity for audience participation as well, and a reception that includes a question-and-answer period will come after the performance. For more information, go to breweryarts.org or call 775-883-1976.
Before that February performance, there will be a free workshop in traditional Chinese dance from 4-5 p.m. Monday with Carlson, which also will be in the center's performance hall on King Street. Those interested may contact the BAC by calling 775-883-1976, ext. 114, or sending an email to email@example.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Music lineup set for next month’s Carson City Epic Off-Road
- Antsy McClain and the Trailer Park Troubadours to play in Carson City
- Recipe: Instant Pot pressure cooker meat sauce by Amanda Long
- Carson City’s BAC announces free summer concert series
- Carson High, Douglas High and Dayton High teachers showing art in Carson City