Dogs, music and blues in Minden this Sunday
August 8, 2013
The Carson Valley Inn will celebrate its 29th birthday with a Blues, Brews & Splash Dogs event Sunday.
Splash Dogs is a dog-enthusiast company that organizes dock-jumping events. The outdoor festivities start in the north parking lot at noon with the first Splash Dogs competition. Additional rounds are at 2 and 4 p.m. and the finals are at 6 p.m. There is an entry fee of $20 per dog. For competition guidelines, go to guest services in the Carson Valley Inn.
The Blues Monsters will perform from 5 to 8:30 p.m. in the Valley Sky Theatre in the north lot, with a break at 6 p.m. for the Splash Dogs finals. The Blues Monsters perform a combination of R&B, funk, jazz and Chicago-style blues. The concert is the first in the Carson Valley Inn's new outdoor Valley Sky Theatre.
There will be free ice cream bars, popcorn and rides for children from 5 to 8 p.m. Beer will be available for $2 and soda for $1. Free cake and champagne will be served from 2 to 3 p.m. and 9 to 10 p.m. Drawings will take place in the casino at 3, 4, 9 and 10 p.m.
The Carson Valley Inn is on U.S. Highway 395 in Minden. For more information, go to http://www.carsonvalleyinn.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit