Enrollment for bluegrass workshop at Brewery Arts Center open
April 4, 2013
Enrollment for a six-week bluegrass workshop with instructor Cindy Gray is open.
The course for beginning fiddle, banjo, guitar, mandolin, bass and vocals will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 20 through June 1 in the Grand Ballroom at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St.
Each week students will learn new tunes and how to play them together. Printed materials including chord charts, tablature, lyrics and a CD with practice tracks will be included for every song. All students will receive individualized training.
Gray is the director of the Traditional American Music Project.
Tuition is $150, or $120 for Brewery Arts Center members.
For more information or tickets, go to http://www.accesscarsoncity.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit