March 7, 2006
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Northgate Movies 10, 2571 N. Carson Street, 93. -5 Poisonous or toxic materials not properly stored. -1 Ice scoop not stored properly. -1 Floor is covered in debris. Cabinets are covered in soda residue. Slurpy residue in cabinet tracks. Opening under service cabinet is filled with popcorn debris.
• Stew’s Sportatorium Restaurant, 302 N. Carson Street, 85. -4 Cooked or ready-to-eat food being stored in refrigerator improperly. Cross-contamination can occur as a result of improper storage and stacking of food. -4 Chlorine residual of less than 50 PPM detected on dishware after mechanical final rinse. -5 Heavy-duty dishwashing liquid found on top of ice machine. Spray cleaner found with single-service articles. -2 Potatoes found in steam table at 127.5 F.
• Stew’s Sportatorium Bar, 302 N. Carson Street, scored 100 points.
• Seeliger Elementary School Cafeteria, 2800 S. Saliman Road, scored 100 points.
• Kabayan Multi-Mart, 321 Fairview drive, 97. -1 Food from approved sources not labeled as required. -2 A variety of fish products (whole fish and squid) being sold from coolers with items on ice.