March 14, 2006
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Grand Central Pizza and Pasta Restaurant, 3965 S. Carson Street, 99. -1 Nonfunctioning refrigerator door on prep refrigerator. Inside of refrigerator cracked and showing insulation.
• Grand Central Pizza and Pasta Bar, 3965 S. Carson Street, scored 100 points.
• Wienerschnitzel No. 648, 3359 Highway 50 East, 98. -1 In-use dispensing utensils not stored properly (ice scoop). -1 Single-service articles not handled, dispensed, or stored in a manner that prevents contamination.
• Bully’s Restaurant, 3530 N. Carson Street, 96. -4 Cooked or ready-to-eat food cross-contaminated as a result of stacking. Mustard dispenser found in cheese bin, meat stored next to tortillas and above bowls, chicken fingers stored in cardboard box.
• Bully’s Bar, 3530 N. Carson Street, 93. -5 Drain pipes contain mold and do not have enough air gap (repeat violation). -2 Food-contact surfaces not clean. Speed wants and holsters contain residue. Plastic condiment boxes dirty. Beverage bottles in dirty trays so that when picked up, some matter can fall into nearby ice bin.
Recommended Stories For You
• Starbucks, 3328 N. Carson Street, 97. -2 Extremely perishable juice stored at 44F in customer cooler. -1 Non-food contact surfaces: Inside cabinets and drawers, shelves, under equipment, faces of cabinets and refrigerators, in unclean condition, accumulated food debris.
• Ming’s Restaurant, 2330 S. Carson Street, 94. -2 Using No. 10 cans for food storage. Dented food cans. Refrigerator organization. -2 Clean utensils were stored in No. 10 cans. Food slicer not clean. -2 At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• Ming’s Bar, 2330 S. Carson Street, 98. -2 Moldy celery and coconut milk found in refrigerator. Decant products from No. 10 cans as soon as possible after opening.