April 11, 2006
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Dairy Queen of Carson City, 3198 Highway 50 E., 96. -2 Chili held hot between 135-139 F. -2 Preparation of lettuce-drained at three -compartment sink. No.10 cans used to hold food products.
• Pizza Factory of Carson City, 3120 Highway 50 E. No. 3, 93. -5 Readily perishable cold food held between 46-49 F. -2 At least one employee in this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• Beijing Palace Bar, 4250 Cochise St., scored 100 points.
• Sparky’s Sports Bar and Grille Bar, 2310 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Sparky’s Sports Bar and Grille Restaurant, 2310 S. Carson St., 98. -2 Food-contact surfaces of equipment not easily accessible for cleaning. Meat slicer had cardboard on the back. Can opener had some encrusted food on the blade.
Recommended Stories For You
• Dotty’s No. 12, 3771 S. Carson St., 99.-1 Wet cloths used on food- contact surfaces did not contain sanitizer residual.
• Keva Juice, 2320 S. Carson St. No. 2, scored 100 points.
• Starbucks No. 9481, 2320 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• China Chef II, 3135 Highway 50 E., 89. -4 Cooked or ready to eat food cross contaminated as a result of preparation. Many types of food being prepared or stored on the same prep table in the kitchen. -5 Containers of poisonous or toxic materials are improperly labeled or unlabeled. Bleach stored in reused vinegar bottle. Poisonous or toxic materials not properly stored. Dishwashing liquid found in food-preparation area. -1 Food stored in containers are inadequately labeled or unlabeled. Specifically, food in cooler stored on shelves in shopping bags, crab stored without any container, and some food was stored in No.10 cans. -1 Non-food contact surfaces that are subject to splash or food debris not readily accessible for cleaning or are otherwise difficult to clean. Dishwashing sink was not attached to the wall. Space between the sink and the wall contained accumulated debris.
• Longs Drugstores, 3240 Highway 50 E., 97. -1 Ice scoop not stored properly. -2 Wooden food-contact surfaces not of approved material or are used where prohibited.
• Comma Coffee, 312 So. Carson St., 99. -1 Walls, ceilings, doors, windows, etc., not maintained in good repair. Wall corner over handwash sink deteriorated with large cracks and wall material flaking off.
• Wal-Mart Supercenter No. 3408, produce department, 3200 Market St., scored 100 points.
• Wal-Mart Supercenter No. 3408, meat department, 3200 Market St., scored 100 points.
• Wal-Mart Supercenter No. 3408, retail grocery, 3200 Market St., scored 100 points.
• Wal-Mart Supercenter No. 3408, seafood department, 3200 Market St., 98. -2 Prepared crab salad and crap dip held cold between 41-45 F in display cooler at seafood counter.
• Tommy’s Neighborhood Bar, 260 W. Winnie Lane, 98. -2 Food-contact surfaces of speed gun not clean.
• Subway No. 10368, 100 W. Winnie Lane, scored 100 points.