August 29, 2006
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Subway No. 1114, 3959 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Port of Subs, 3821 S. Carson St. scored 100 points.
• Nice & Easy Catering Mobile Food Vehicle, 5389 Carroll Dr. Blvd., Sun Valley, scored 100 points.
• Keva Juice, 2320 S. Carson St. No. 2, scored 100 points.
• Starbucks Coffee No. 9481, 2320 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
Recommended Stories For You
• Deli Francesco, 1329 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Long John Silvers No. 5217, 1280 S. Carson St., 91. -1 Food is stored in containers which are inadequately labeled or unlabeled, specifically prepared coleslaw. -2 Fish was stored in the freezer without a cover. -2 Ice not dispensed by employees using scoops, tongs or other approved utensils. Dispensing utensils must be stored on a clean surface or in the ice with the handle extending out of the ice. -1 Non-food-contact surfaces are subject to splash or food debris, specifically the edges of the shelves under the counter, and are difficult to clean. The edge laminate is missing and porous wood is exposed. -1 Non-food contact surfaces are not clean; specifically, the supports and wheels of the fryer have accumulated grease and debris. -1 Floors are not clean; specifically, the floor under equipment has a build-up of dust and debris. -1 Mop bucket with dirty mop water found in a food-preparation area.
• Crossroads Lounge, 300 E. Winnie Lane, 96. -4 Chlorine residual of less than 50 ppm is detected on dish ware after mechanical final rinse.
• Applebees, 3300 S. Carson St., 98. -2 Potentially hazardous food was held cold between 41-45 F in refrigerator at the salad preparation area. The refrigerator did not appear to be operating properly.