October 3, 2006
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Wendy’s, 2555 N. Carson St., 98. -2 Raw meat product stored on top of potatoes in walk-in cooler.
• Silver Oaks Golf Club, 1251 Country Club Dr., scored 100 points.
• Mom & Pop’s Diner, 224 S. Carson St., 98. -2 Items are stored on the floor. A box of potatoes is not correctly stored 6 inches above the floor.
• Mercada San Juan Grocery Department, 137 Clearview Dr., scored 100 points.
• Mercada San Juan Meat Department, 137 Clearview Dr., 96. -4 Improper procedure used when washing items/utensils in the three-compartment sink. Food-contact surfaces are not being sanitized after cleaning.
Recommended Stories For You
• McDonald’s No. 2282, 2001 N. Carson St., 99. -1 Cloths used on food-contact surfaces are not clean, do not contain sanitizer residual, or are not used properly.
• Mallard’s Empire Ranch Golf Restaurant, 1875 Fairway Dr., 99. -1 In-use dispensing utensils are not stored properly. Paper and plastic cups were found in the bulk salt and flour.
• Kentucky Fried Chicken, 2523 N. Carson St., 99. -1 In-use dispensing utensils are not stored properly.
• Grand Central Pizza and Pasta Bar, 3965 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Grand Central Pizza and Pasta Restaurant, 3965 S. Carson St., 99. -1 Marinara sauce is stored in containers in the cooler which are inadequately covered and labeled.
• City Cafe Bakery, 701 S. Carson St., 98. -1 Non-food contact surfaces of equipment or utensils are not clean, specifically the mixing equipment.
• City Cafe Bakery Restaurant, 701 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Carson Station Snack Bar, 900 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Carson Station Coffee Shop, 900 S. Carson St., 93. -5 Readily perishable cold food is held above 46 degrees F. The meats in the sandwich bins preparation station were at an internal temperature of 50 degrees ¼F and not being maintained at 40 degrees F or below. -1 Food is stored in containers which are inadequately labeled or unlabeled. Specifically, salads prepared at the Station Grill and then delivered to the coffee shop have no labels (repeat violation). -1 An accurate metal-stem thermometer is not provided to check food temperatures (repeat violation).
• Arby’s, 1122 S. Carson St., 95. -1 A thermometer is inaccurate in the cold-holding unit (repeat violation). -2 The hand=wash sink next to the three compartment sink doesn’t work. -2 At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler (repeat violation).
• Carson City Municipal Golf Course Restaurant, 3999 Centennial Park Dr., scored 100 points.