May 8, 2007
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Hunan Garden, 1480 N. Carson St., 81. -5 Readily perishable cold food held above 46¼ F. -4 The concentration of quaternary ammonium compound for mechanical dishwasher sanitizer is not in the range of 100 – 200 ppm. -4 There is evidence of rodents in the establishment. -2 Items are stored on the floor. Onions, rice and flour not correctly stored 6 inches above the floor. Once a No. 10 can of food has been opened it must be decanted into an approved food container. No. 10 cans begin to rust and deteriorate once opened. Storage of squid in pan of water (once ice) is not appropriate as unclean water can contaminate opened packages and potentially contaminate sealed packages. Reach in and walk in refrigerator organization needs to be addressed (top levels) ready to eat foods that will never be cooked, precooked foods and all raw meats. Do not stack pans, containers or different types of food items on top of other unprotected foods. -1 In-use dispensing utensils are not appropriate, are not clean or are not stored properly. Do not use bowls as scoops. All scoops must have handles. -2 Food contact surfaces of equipment or utensils are not clean. -1 Non-food contact surfaces of equipment or utensils are not clean.
• Tito’s Restaurant, 444 E. William St., scored 100 points.
• Sparky’s Sports Bar & Grill, 2310 S. Carson St. #4, scored 100 points.
• Arco AM/PM No. 82392, 720 S. Carson St., 99. -1 The mop bucket was found filled with dirty water.
• Abbey’s Kitchen, 319 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
Recommended Stories For You
• Dairy Queen of Carson City, 3198 Highway 50 E., 99. -1 Cloths used on food-contact surfaces are not clean, do not contain sanitizer residual, or are not used properly.
• Pizza Factory of Carson City, 3120 Highway 50 E. #3, 98. -2 At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• Villa Basque Deli, 730 Basque Way, scored 100 points.
• Dee’s Food Service – Caucus Deli, 401 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Dee’s Food Service – Bistro @ Bryan, 901 S. Stewart St., scored 100 points.
• Sweet Sensations, 1800 Highway 50 E. #8, scored 100 points.
• Crossroads Lounge, 300 E. Winnie Lane, 98. -2 Food contact surfaces of speed guns contained debris.
• Toads, 306 E. William St., scored 100 points.
• Donuts To Go, 1413 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Carson Plaza Retirement Residence, 2120 E. Long St., scored 100 points.
• Albertsons No. 170 Bakery, 4340 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Albertsons No. 170 Produce, 4340 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Albertsons No. 170 Meat, 4340 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Albertsons No. 170 Grocery, 4340 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Albertsons No. 170 Seafood, 4340 S. Carson St., 99. -1 Wall tiles are not maintained in good repair. Some tiles are broken exposing plaster.
• Albertsons No. 170 Deli, 4340 S. Carson St., 95. -5 Readily perishable cold food is held above 46¼ F. One turkey package on the middle shelf in the display cooler was at an internal temperature of 45-49¼ F and is not being maintained at 40¼ F or below. The heat from the florescent bulbs was keeping the top of the turkey package above 40¼ F.
• The Basil, 311 N. Carson St., 98. -2 Fish/seafood is held cold between 41-45¼ F.
• Quick Stop Markets, 3006 N. Roop St., 98. -2 Sandwiches are being held cold between 41-45¼ F.