June 7, 2007
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Chili’s Grill & Bar, restaurant, 3205 Retail Drive, 94. Potentially hazardous foods in the refrigerator drawers beneath grill, at an internal temperature of 55 to 59 degrees. Non-food contact surfaces of equipment or utensils are not clean.
• Chili’s Grill & Bar, bar, 97. Non-food contact surfaces that are subject to splash or food debris are not clean. The plumbing is not properly sized, installed or maintained. Floors have accumulating debris and are not properly cleaned.
• Juan’s Kitchen, 110 W. Telegraph St., 98. The handwashing sinks in restrooms did not provide hot water.
• Mo & Sluggos Bar & Grill, 110 W. Telegraph St., 85. Chlorine residual of less than 50 ppm is detected on dish ware after mechanical final rinse. The establishment did not have hot potable running water. Beverage bottles were stored in ice used for human consumption. Washing/rinse water is at an improper temperature for mechanical dish washing. Cloths used on food-contact surfaces do not contain sanitizer residual. No sanitizer solution was available. Floors are not clean, especially behind the dishwasher.
• Mercado San Juan, 137 Clearview Drive, scored 100
Recommended Stories For You
• Straw Hat Pizza, 135 Clearview Drive, 99. An accurate metal stem thermometer is not provided to check food temperatures.
• Capitol Shell, 1462 S. Carson St., 99. Cloths used on food contract surfaces do not contain sanitizer residual. The solution in the sanitizer buckets did not have detectable sanitizer.
• Woody’s Deli & Market, 4385 S. Carson St., scored 100
• International House of Pancakes, 3883 S. Carson St., 98. At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• Carson City Parks, Fuji Park Exhibit Hall, 3303 Butti Way, mobile food vehicle. Scored 100
• Eagle Valley Market, 933 Woodside Drive No. 105, 99. Cleaning and maintenance tools are not properly stored or are not properly maintained. The mop bucket was found filled with dirty water.
• Ormsby Club, 600 S. Curry St., scored 100
• Kabayan Multi-mart, 321 Fairview Drive, 95. Readily perishable cold food is held above 46F. The fish and pork in the cooler without doors were at an internal temperature greater than 50F and are not being maintained at 40F or below.
• Carson City Recreation, 5400 Heritage Way, upper snack bar. Readily perishable cold food is held above 56F. The food (ranch dressing) in the Beverage Air refrigerator was at an internal temperature of 54F and is not being maintained at 40F or below. The refrigerator was not working properly.
• Locals Barbecue Co., LLC, 3849 S. Carson St., scored 100. Establishment is clean and well maintained.
• Costco Wholesale Corporation Deli Department, 700 Old Clear Creek Road, scored 100. Establishment is clean and well maintained.
• Costco Wholesale Corporation Meat Department, scored 100. Establishment is clean and well maintained.
• Taco Bell No. 24, 3117 E. Highway 50, scored 100
• Seeliger School, 2800 S. Saliman St., scored 100.
• Mark Twain School, 2111 Carriage Crest, scored 100.
• John C. Fremont School, 1511 Firebox Road, scored 100.
• Grace Bordewich School, 110 S. Thompson St., scored 100.
• Carson Middle School, 1140 W. King St., scored 100.
• Fritsch, Edith W. School, 504 Bath St., scored 100.