July 31, 2007
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations)
• Taco Bell #3, 4050 S. Carson St., restaurant, scored 100 points
• Fish Family Dining, 138 E. Long St., food facility-fee exempt, scored 100 points.
• Beijing Palace, 4250 Cochise St., restaurant, scored 96 points.
Bags of onions and boxes of frozen meat were found on the floor and not correctly stored six inches above the floor. Floors in the kitchen are not maintained in good repair. The flooring had peeled away from the concrete in several spots. A kitchen light fixture cover had a large crack.
• Beijing Palace, 4250 Cochise St., bar/lounge, scored 100 points.
Recommended Stories For You
• Walgreens #04788, 1466 E. William St., convenience store, scored 100 points.
• Joanie’s Creekside Deli & Catering, 1795 E. College Pkwy., restaurant, scored 100 points.
• Carson City Municipal Golf Course, 3999 Centennial Park Dr., restaurant, scored 96 points.
Turkey and hamburgers were held cold between 41-45F in the food preparation refrigerator. No certified food handler was present during this inspection.
• Carson City Municipal Golf Course, 3999 Centennial Park Dr., bar/lounge, scored 100 points.
• Dutch Bros. Coffee, 1449 S. Carson St., restaurant, scored 100 points.
• McDonalds #4, 3344 N. Carson St., restaurant, scored 94 points.
Poisonous or toxic materials are not properly stored. Open bag of degreaser stored on cutting device at prep table where onions were also being thawed. Several bottles of cleaning chemicals are hanging in inappropriate places. Ice scoop is not stored properly. Ice machine at back of store: Scoop under ice and bowl being used to dispense. Ice machine at drive through: Customer cups used to dispense.
• Hampton Inn and Suites, 10 Hospitality Way, continental breakfast, scored 100 points.
• Holiday Inn Express, 4055 N. Carson St., continental breakfast, scored 100 points.
• Indian Garden, 2329 N. Carson St., restaurant, scored 97 points.
Potentially hazardous food is held cold between 41-45F. Potentially hazardous food is held hot between 1135 and 139F. Cloths used on food-contact surfaces are not clean, do not contain sanitizer residual, or are not used properly.