November 5, 2007
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Winnie Lane Grocery and Deli, 262 W. Winnie Lane, convenience store, scored 98 points. Food contact surfaces (nozzles) of soda dispensing equipment have accumulated debris.
• Super Mercado “El Torito,” 604 E. Winnie Lane No. 308, bakery, scored 99 points. Cloths used on food-contact surfaces did not contain sanitizer residual.
• Chili’s Grill and Bar, 3205 Retail Dr., bar/lounge, scored 95 points. Handwash sink blocked from use with mixers for drinks. Staff instructed that sink was not to be used for handwashing.
• Chili’s Grill and Bar, 3205 Retail Dr., restaurant, scored 91 points. Cook seen eating food in preparation area. Hot water turned off at hand wash sink in the kitchen. Hot water also turned off in restrooms.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit