Health inspections 9/25 through 10/01
October 4, 2007
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Club JB, 1500 Hot Springs Rd, bar/lounge, scored 96 points. Chlorine residual of less than 50 ppm is detected on dish ware after mechanical final rinse.
• Panithias Grill, 2000 N. Carson St., restaurant, scored 92 points. Employees do not wash hands thoroughly or as often as necessary to remove contamination. Hand of cook now washed between handling raw and cooked products. Cloths used on food contact surfaces are not clean, do not contain sanitizer residual, or are not used properly. Food contact surfaces of equipment or utensils are not clean.
• Starbucks Coffee Company, 3328 N. Carson St. #15, restaurant, scored 100 points.
• Round Table Pizza, 3325 Retail Dr. #110-115, restaurant, scored 94 points. Food contact surfaces and utensils are not sanitized between changes in use from raw meat products to ready to eat foods. Chlorine residual of less than 50 ppm is detected on dish ware after mechanical final rinse. The hand washing sink, soap dispenser, or hand-drying device is not clean or in good repair. Sinks at front counter area and dish washing area are dirty, and have wiping clothes and other unknown debris in them.
• Carson Horseshoe Club, 402 N. Carson St., restaurant, scored 97 points. Food is stored in containers in the walk in cooler which are unlabeled. Specifically gravy in metal pots. There was no certified food handler present. At least one employee of this establishment, must be a certified food handler and present during food handling operations.
Recommended Stories For You
• BPO Elks Lodge #2177, 515 N. Nevada St., food facility-fee exempt, scored 100 points.
• Plaza Hotel and Conference, 801 S. Carson St., restaurant, scored 100 points.
• Panaderia Azteca Bakery, 3189 E. Highway 50, bakery, scored 89. Readily perishable cold food is held above 46F. The food in the “Sports Drink” refrigerator was at a temperature of 53F and is not being maintained at 40F or below. Some of the packaged flan was moldy. This flan was voluntarily discarded. Ham slices were held cold between 41-51F in the sandwich preparation table refrigerator. A cold hold thermometer is missing from the sandwich preparation table refrigerator. A supply of sanitary towels were not present in the toilet room. The lights in the bakery preparation area are not properly shielded or protected. (Repeat violation)
• Hampton Inn and Suites, 10 Hospitality Way, convenience, scored 100 points.
• B’Sghettis Inc., 318 N. Carson St., restaurant, scored 100 points.
• B’Sghettis Inc., 318 N. Carson St., bar/lounge, scored 100 points.
• Sierra Joe’s, 444 E. William St. #06, restaurant, scored 100 points.
• Capital City Dos Amigos, 1621 E. Highway 50 #G, bar/lounge, scored 100 points.
• Capital City Dos Amigos, 1621 E. Highway 50 #G, restaurant, scored 100 points.
• Capital City Dos Amigos, 1621 E. Highway 50 #G, retail grocery; dairy and produce, scored 100 points.
• Grandma Hattie’s, 2811 S. Carson St., restaurant, scored 97 points. An accurate metal stem thermometer is not provided to check food temperatures. The thermometer was missing from the cook line refrigerator. The drip plate in the ice machine is not clean.