Jazz and poetry event to bring ‘Tidings’ of the season to Carson City
December 5, 2017
The Mile High Jazz Band will be joined by Rita Geil and other award-winning poets and readers for an evening of big-band jazz and poetry on Dec. 12.
The event will run from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St.
General admission is $5 at the door. Anyone 18 and under can attend for free.
Organizers said the event's theme, "Tidings," relates as much to the holidays as to life situations.
"Tidings encompasses a broad variety of humorous and serious selections, some based on holiday themes, for the enjoyment of people of all ages," said pianist and band leader David Bugli.
Poets and readers are Rita Geil, Wayne Carlson, Heather Firth, Susan Sara Priest, Timothy Rhodes, and "Community Spotlight" reader Bob Hilderbrand.
Recommended Stories For You
Mile High Jazz Band performances are funded, in part, by a grant from the Nevada Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts, and by private donations.
For information, call 775-883-4154, or visit MileHighJazz.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’