Mile High Jazz Band celebrating 14 years April 14
April 3, 2015
A celebration to mark 14 years of weekly performances in Carson City by the Mile High Jazz Band will be at 7:30 p.m. April 14 at Comma Coffee, where cake will be served and the group will play big-band music with vocalists Cindee LeVal and June Joplin.
The Mile High Jazz Band includes trumpets, trombones, saxophones, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums and singers. It plays about 20 tunes from its ever-expanding repertoire of selections in the style of Count Basie, Duke Ellington, and other contemporary composers and arrangers.
Performances are on the second Tuesday of the month at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Admission is $5 at the door and free for ages 18 and under.
The concert is supported by public funding through the Nevada Arts Council, a state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
For more information about Mile High Jazz Band, call 775-883-4154, or go to MileHighJazz.com. For information about live music at Comma Coffee, call Joplin at 775-883-2662.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Music lineup set for next month’s Carson City Epic Off-Road
- Antsy McClain and the Trailer Park Troubadours to play in Carson City
- Recipe: Instant Pot pressure cooker meat sauce by Amanda Long
- Carson City’s BAC announces free summer concert series
- Carson High, Douglas High and Dayton High teachers showing art in Carson City