Todd Green performing at CVIC Hall
December 25, 2013
Todd Green will perform using a variety of instruments from the Middle East, Central Asia, India, China and South America at a concert sponsored by the Carson Valley Arts Council at 6 p.m. Jan. 10 at the CVIC Hall, 1602 Esmeralda Ave., in Minden.
Green's performances are enhanced by digital samplers, which allow him to record and over-dub instruments one by one. He provides explanations of the music and instruments he uses.
As part of the CVAC's effort to provide professional artists and performers to Douglas County School District students, Green will conduct an educational program in conjunction with the concert.
The performance will be preceded by a half-hour quiet, strings-only, live prelude. Tickets cost $15 in advance, $20 at the door, and $5 for children and students with ID.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy