Fire closes seven businesses | NevadaAppeal.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Fire closes seven businesses

Nevada Appeal News Service

A Sunday afternoon fire resulted in the closure of seven businesses and could end up costing a third of a million dollars.

Firefighters responded to a report of an attic fire in the Industrial Way area of Gardnerville at 2:50 p.m. on Sunday.

They arrived and found that the fire had set off the sprinkler systems in two buildings located at 1424 and 1426 Industrial Way, according to East Fork Fire & Paramedic Districts Capt. Terry Taylor.

Receiving smoke and water damage in the fire were Tweed’s Upholstery, Marv’s Custom Framing, Carolyn Chieffo and Reid Dental all suffered smoke and water damage.

High Sierra Fellowship, Jim’s Plumbing and Heating and Cujo’s Hog House all suffered water damage.

None of the businesses will be able to open on Monday, Taylor said.

Firefighters from East Fork, the Gardnerville Ranchos, Gardnerville and Ruhenstroth departments responded to the fire.

Taylor estimated that between the damage and the cost of being closed, the damages could reach up to $350,000.