This will be a great weekend for people who like loud engines, and that refers to much more than Street Vibrations.
Wings over Carson 2008 will be on all day Saturday at the Carson City Airport, an event put on to allow the public to see all of things that happen at the airport, said Dirk Zahtilla, a member of the Experimental Aircraft Association and one of the planners of the event.
Here’s all you need to know about the event:
Cost: Entrance is free to the public.
When: Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Carson City Airport, enter off of to airport at 2600 College Pkwy. 775 671-0852
Among the attractions:
• Skydivers will put on a dramatic display at 10 a.m. as the Star Spangled Banner plays.
• Historical military aircraft and experimental aircraft
• Fly-bys from military aircraft
• Military vehicles
• Model airplane displays
• Airplane and helicopter rides (for a fee)
• Antique autos, race car display, climbing wall, handcar rides by the Nevada State Railroad Museum.
In addition to the free attractions, there will be a pancake breakfast and several food vendors offering barbecue, pizza and Mexican food.