Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
January 17, 2019
Three attorneys have been recommended to Gov. Steve Sisolak to fill the opening on the Nevada Court of Appeals made vacant by the election of Chief Judge Abbi Silver to the Nevada Supreme Court.
The Nevada Commission on Judicial Selection's three nominees for the open position are: Bonnie A. Bulla, 56, Las Vegas, Eighth Judicial District Court, Office of the Discovery Commissioner; Tracie K. Lindeman, 56, Carson City, Attorney; Jerry Weise, 52, Las Vegas, Eighth Judicial District Court, Dept. 30
The governor's appointee must win in the 2020 general election to retain the seat, and serve out the remaining two-year balance of the term. The appointee then must run again for retention and a six-year term in 2022.
No time limit exists for the governor to make his choice. However if appointments aren't made within 30 days following submission of names by the commission, the governor may make no other appointments to public office.
Trending In: Government
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak signs gun background check law
- Bill would raise pay of Nevada Capitol Police
- Nevada Attorney General Ford joins lawsuit challenging National Emergency