Course offered on owning a home
December 31, 2014
The Nevada Rural Housing Authority is offering an online course in the responsibilities of owning a home.
The court, titled "After the close — Homeowner Education," was originally created for new homeowners who take advantage of the authority's "Home At Last" programs. But a spokesman said the course is available for anyone.
It provides information on keeping a home in good condition, resources on budgeting and expenses, regular maintenance and tips, including how to prepare for emergencies.
Authority mortgage and marking specialist Laura Lau said the course takes less than an hour to complete.
It's available on line at <http://nevadaruralhousingauthority.mindflash.com/PublicCoursePage.aspx?c=914964803>.
Trending In: Government
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit