Deonne Contine named director of Nevada’s Department of Taxation
November 20, 2014
Gov. Brian Sandoval has named deputy director Deonne Contine as the new director of Nevada's Department of Taxation.
"Her wide breadth of experience within state government will enable a smooth transition and ensure continuity and stability within the department," he said.
Contine served as a Senior Deputy Attorney General in several cases before the Nevada Supreme Court including two in which she successfully won reversals of district court decisions against Taxation.
She joined that department in 2012 and currently serves as chief deputy executive director.
She's also a newly-elected member of the Carson City School Board.
The director's position was vacated a week ago when the governor named Chris Nielsen to his staff.
Trending In: Government
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection