Department of Taxation director Contine resigns
January 26, 2018
Deonne Contine, director of the Nevada Department of Taxation, has resigned.
Gov. Brian Sandoval said Contine is leaving Feb. 9 to pursue an opportunity in the private sector. He said he would name her successor in the near future.
"Her experience, skills and hard work have served the state well as she has overseen the implementation of several successful and regulatory programs in the past few years," said Sandoval.
Among them is the implementation of recreational marijuana, a voter-approved initiative which Sandoval didn't support.
"I knew that I could depend on Deonne to implement the respected and tightly-controlled regulatory structure I envisioned to protect the public health and safety of our citizens while allowing businesses to be successful in this new industry," he said.
Trending In: Government
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office