Economist to explore Nevada’s recovery at Democratic luncheon
January 31, 2019
University of Nevada, Reno economics professor Elliott Parker will be the featured speaker at Monday's Democratic luncheon.
Parker's presentation, "Economic Recovery in Nevada," will use charts and graphs to explain the impact of the Great Recession on Nevada's economy, tracing changes in economic indicators such as housing prices, unemployment, household income and wages from 2008 to 2018.
This event is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4 in the banquet room of Carson City's Round Table on Retail Drive just off College Parkway.
Sponsored by the Democratic Men's Committee, these luncheons help to defer recurring expenses at Carson City's Democratic Headquarters. Suggested donations of $5 or more gratefully are accepted but not required. All are welcome.
For information, contact Rich Dunn at 775-434-8783 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Government
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak signs gun background check law
- Bill would raise pay of Nevada Capitol Police
- Nevada Attorney General Ford joins lawsuit challenging National Emergency