Governor, first lady separating
December 15, 2017
In a statement release Friday, Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval said he and wife, Kathleen, are separating.
"After 27 years of marriage, Kathleen and I have decided to separate and plan to divorce. It's no secret that the demands of public life are hard on a marriage and ours has been affected in a way neither of us had envisioned or expected," he said in a statement. "We both remain committed to our three children and we ask that our privacy, and the privacy of all of our family members, be respected during this difficult time."
The Sandovals have two adult children, James and Maddy, and a teenager, Marisa.
The Sandovals were married in October 1990.
Trending In: Government
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy