Group promoting Marsy’s Law says it has governor’s endorsement
August 22, 2018
In a media release, Marsy's Law for Nevada said Wednesday it had obtained the endorsement of Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval.
"I am proud to endorse Marsy's Law," Sandoval was quoted in the release. "It is time for Nevada's constitution to contain strong, enforceable rights for victims of crime. Marsy's Law for Nevada will guarantee victims have a voice in the criminal justice system and ensure they are treated with the dignity and respect that they deserve. I urge all Nevada voters to join me in voting yes on Question 1."
Also in the media release, Marsy's Law for Nevada State Director Will Batista, said "Gov. Sandoval's endorsement demonstrates his leadership and the vision of the positive impact Question 1 will have on Nevadans. His endorsement of Question 1 and Marsy's Law for Nevada speaks volumes as to the importance of this measure. We thank Sandoval for his support."
Marsy's Law for Nevada will appear as Question 1 on the November ballot.
Trending In: Government
- Nevada Gov.-elect Sisolak names transition staff
- Committee chairs for Nevada Assembly being named
- Nevada Supreme Court to hold election vote canvass on Nov. 27
- Prohibiting prostitution among 400 bill requests for 2019 Nevada Legislature
- Economic outlook: Nevada to have nearly $9B in general fund for next budget
- Carson City forecast: Good rain, bad timing
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests
- Congress changes veteran status for Guard, Reserves
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Fraud suspect leaves children and escapes, sheriff’s office says; reward offered