High Desert inmate dies after fight
March 15, 2014
An inmate at High Desert Prison died Thursday following a fight with another inmate.
Daniel Ruiz, 36, was serving time for two counts of attempted lewdness with a minor. He was sentenced in 2011 to up to 12 years in prison by a Clark County judge.
An autopsy is scheduled and an investigation will be conducted to determine if criminal charges will be filed in the case.
Trending In: Government
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office