Joe Reynolds, Leo Drozdoff named to Nevada Public Utilities Commission
September 22, 2016
Gov. Brian Sandoval has named his legal counsel and the former head of Conservation and Natural Resources to the Public Utilities Commission.
Joe Reynolds will take over as chairman of the PUC while Leo Drozdoff was named acting commissioner effective Oct. 3.
They fill the seats formerly held by David Noble and Alaina Burtenshaw.
Before serving as Sandoval's legal counsel, Reynolds was a chief deputy attorney general.
Drozdoff retired as director of Conservation and natural Resources just a couple of months ago.
Sandoval also appointed Daniel Stewart as his new legal counsel. He's currently the owner of DHS Law, a firm focused on political and election law. He served as chief policy adviser to the Assembly Republican caucus in the 2015 session.
Recommended Stories For You
Finally, Sandoval named Burtenshaw chairman of the Nevada Transportation Authority replacing Ann Wilkinson who didn't seek reappointment to the position.
Trending In: Government
- Amid cheers, Fallon City Council bans recreational cannabis in 3-0 vote
- Grouchy’s barbershop serves more than 500 customers in first 2 months
- Man arrested on 11 counts of sexual assault, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man injured in Carson City rollover crash
- Author from Carson City trailer park providing hope