Las Vegas Medicaid provider fined $1 million
May 29, 2018
A Las Vegas company has been ordered to pay a $1 million fine after conviction for Medicaid fraud.
We Care Behavioral Health Agency of Las Vegas was sentenced for deliberately failing to keep adequate documentation of the services provided to Medicaid recipients, according to the Attorney General's office. The company failed to keep progress notes about services provided and didn't note accurately the dates and types of services provided.
"Today's restitution of over $1 million should send a message of deterrence to Medicaid providers engaging in fraud," said Attorney General Adam Laxalt.
He urged anyone suspecting that providers of healthcare services are engaging in suspicious activities to contact the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit at 684-1100.
Trending In: Government
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit