Nevada Department of Transportation offers bike, pedestrian safety grants
January 13, 2019
The Nevada Department of Transportation is offering grants to government and nonprofit groups for bicycle and pedestrian safety and education programs.
Qualified groups including schools and nonprofits can apply for up to $2,000 in funding. The money is available for education programs, for planning and construction of bike and pedestrian facilities, for community-based projects and for outreach programs.
Proposals must be submitted by March 1. To apply, applicants must be registered vendors with the Nevada State Controller's Office.
Projects must typically be completed within one year of receiving the grant award letters.
Information is available at bicyclenevada.com or from program coordinator Albert Jacquez at 888-7943.
Trending In: Government
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders