Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval names new taxation boss
February 1, 2018
Gov. Brian Sandoval has named economist Bill Anderson to replace Deonne Contine as head of the Taxation Department.
Anderson has been chief economist at the Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation since 2006. Before that, he was the economist for the state Budget Office for a decade.
"His work has allowed the state to better understand how dynamic job growth affects specific populations, which has helped influence policy decisions," said Sandoval. "He is knowledgeable of our state's revenue sources and I am confident in his ability to serve as both a member of my cabinet and director of this active agency."
Anderson has a master's in economics form Wayne State University.
Trending In: Government
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office