Nevada Gov.-elect Sisolak marries Kathy Ong
December 31, 2018
LAS VEGAS — Nevada Gov.-elect Steve Sisolak has announced that he and fiancee Kathy Ong married on Friday in Las Vegas.
The governor-elect said in a statement that he and Ong married at Guardian Angel Cathedral and that his wife "will make Nevada proud" as first lady.
Sisolak is a Clark County commissioner and a Democrat who will take office as governor in January after defeating Republic Adam Laxalt in the November general election.
Sisolak's statement said Ong will take his name. She is an Ely native and a Las Vegas financial consultant. The couple announced their engagement in November.
Sisolak and his former wife divorced.
Trending In: Government
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders