Nevada receives $2.2 million for veteran housing projects
April 19, 2015
Nevada has been awarded $2,220,253 in Veterans Affairs funding for veteran housing projects across Nevada.
Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., said the funding is for housing choice vouchers for homeless veterans who receive care at VA medical centers and community outreach clinics.
"No veteran in Nevada or across America should be homeless after sacrificing so much to protect our freedoms," said Reid.
The vast majority of the money will go to the Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority and Southern Nevada VA Health Care system — $1.99 million.
The Reno Housing Authority and Sierra Nevada VA Health Care System will get $168,512 and the Rural Housing Authority will get $55,874.
Trending In: Government
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office