Nevada voter registration numbers drop by 3,700 people
January 3, 2019
LAS VEGAS — The Nevada Secretary of State's office says Nevada's voter registration numbers dropped by about 3,700 last month when voters were moved to inactive status.
Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske said Thursday that Nevada has 1,582,293 million active registered voters. About 38 percent are Democrats and 33 percent are Republican. Nonpartisans make up 22 percent.
Cegavske says the voters were moved to inactive status as part of routine list maintenance.
Inactive voters are those who don't vote in a series of elections or fail to respond to a mailing card asking them to confirm their status. They're still eligible to vote.
Trending In: Government
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders