Sisolak announces engagement
November 13, 2018
LAS VEGAS — Nevada Governor-elect Steve Sisolak is now engaged to be married.
The Democrat's campaign on Monday announced the engagement to his girlfriend of more than five years, Kathy Ong.
Ong is a financial consultant in Las Vegas.
Sisolak and Ong met at their local gym. Details of the wedding were not released.
Sisolak is the chairman of the Clark County Commission, which oversees the world-famous Las Vegas Strip and surrounding areas. He is set to become the state's first Democratic governor in two decades after defeating Republican and state attorney general Adam Laxalt last week.
Trending In: Government
- Prosecution’s sentencing veto unconstitutional, Nevada Supreme Court says
- Nevada PERS renews fight to keep records private
- Nevada Supreme Court: Defense entitled to jury criminal histories
- Traffic fatalities trend higher in Nevada
- Prohibiting prostitution among 400 bill requests for 2019 Nevada Legislature