OJ Simpson files appeal notice to Nev. high court
LAS VEGAS — O.J. Simpson’s lawyers are taking the imprisoned football star’s case back to the Nevada Supreme Court.
Attorney Patricia Palm said Tuesday she has filed notice giving her until Jan. 13 to appeal a state judge’s ruling last week that denied Simpson a new trial.
Simpson’s current attorneys claim ineffective representation by the lawyer who headed Simpson’s 2008 trial and his initial appeal with the state’s high court.
Palm says she’s convinced Simpson will eventually win in state or federal courts.
Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson says he’s confident the state Supreme Court will uphold Clark County District Judge Linda Marie Bell’s decision.
The 66-year-old Simpson is serving nine to 33 years for armed robbery, kidnapping and other charges in a 2007 confrontation involving two sports memorabilia dealers at a Las Vegas hotel.