Recount finds Democrat Daly won Assembly race by 36 votes
November 21, 2016
RENO — A recount in a close northern Nevada Assembly race shows that the Democrat won by three dozen votes.
The Washoe County Registrar of Voters recounted the more than 30,000 votes cast in the Assembly District 31 race and concluded Monday that Democrat Skip Daly defeated Jill Dickman by 36 votes. That's a slight change from preliminary results that were released shortly after polls closed and showed Daly winning by a margin of 38 votes.
Dickman congratulated Daly and said she won't contest the results any further.
Registrar Luanne Cutler announced on Monday that 75 absentee ballots in the district had been double-counted in error, although the mistake was not expected to alter the outcome.
Daly previously served two terms in the seat before Dickman unseated him in the 2014 election.
Trending In: Government
- 9 ways you know you’re a Fallon local
- Rocky Boice Jr faces life if convicted of kidnap and assault
- Nevada Public Employees Benefits Program approves pilot Medicare plan with St. Mary’s in Reno
- Carson City under flood advisory until 4 p.m. Thursday
- State Charter School Authority votes to shut down Argent Preparatory Academy formerly Silver State Charter School