Reno physician running for Amodei’s seat
November 7, 2017
Reno doctor Vance Alm has announced his candidacy for the congressional seat held by Republican Mark Amodei.
Alm, a Democrat, is a retired Air Force navigation officer currently working as a family practice physician. He described himself as a moderate who wants to improve the life of the average Nevadan.
He said his primary focus will be on improving the healthcare system including how people pay for care and improving access for every American.
"We have to stop confusing health insurance with health care," he said. "I see patients every day being denied health (medical) care because they don't have the 'right' health insurance," he said.
Trending In: Government
- Sisolak announces engagement
- Dems have Assembly supermajority; just short in Senate (for now)
- Economic outlook: Nevada to have nearly $9B in general fund for next budget
- Hof wins Assembly seat, commissioners to appoint replacement; Lyon County defeats brothel ban
- Carson City election results: Furlong re-elected; Giomi takes supervisor seat; Luis wins Justice of the Peace