Rosen introduces Cybersecurity Workforce Act
September 13, 2018
Rep. Jacky Rosen, D-Nev., has introduced legislation creating a grant program in the Labor Department to support creation, implementation and expansion of apprenticeship programs in cybersecurity.
She said the bill is modeled after Nevada's cybersecurity apprenticeship program approved by the state Apprenticeship Council in May.
"The demand for talent in cybersecurity is sky-high," said Rosen, herself a computer programming and IT professional.
She said the goal is to ensure businesses and government have the skilled people and tools they need to protect the nation's cybersecurity infrastructure.
The grants awarded by the Labor Department wouldn't only support the creation and expansion of apprenticeship programs but provide career counseling, mentorship and assistance with such things as transportation, housing and child care costs.
Trending In: Government
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit