Rosen outraising, outspending Heller in Nevada Senate race
June 4, 2018
LAS VEGAS — New fundraising numbers show Democratic Rep. Jacky Rosen is continuing to outraise Nevada Republican Sen. Dean Heller in their Senate race but she's also drastically outspending him.
Federal Election Commission reports show Rosen raised $1.2 million from April 1 through May 23 but spent $2.3 million.
Heller raised $962,000 in that same time but spent less than half a million dollars. He ended May with $4.9 million in his campaign account.
Heller and Rosen are expected to face each other in a close election this November.
He's considered one of the most vulnerable Republican senators running for re-election this year.
Rosen is a relative newcomer to politics and has been spending heavily on television ads to boost her name recognition.
Recommended Stories For You
She ended May with $2.6 million leftover in her campaign account.
Trending In: Government
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit