Sen. Elizabeth Warren to address Nevada Democrats in Reno
May 18, 2018
U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts will be the keynote speaker at the Nevada State Democratic Convention in June.
The convention is scheduled for June 23-24 in Reno.
"Sen. Warren has always been a fighter for working families and a fierce advocate for economic equality for all," said state party chairman William McCurdy II. "She understands that Nevada is crucial for Democrats' success in the 2018 midterms."
Warren has represented Massachusetts in the Senate since 2013. She's regarded as an expert on bankruptcy and widely credited for creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau that was created to hold financial institutions accountable.
She has supported policies to help small businesses and ensure large corporations pay a fair share of taxes.
She has been repeatedly mentioned as a potential Democratic presidential nominee in 2020.
Trending In: Government
- Committee chairs for Nevada Assembly being named
- Nevada Gov.-elect Sisolak names transition staff
- Nevada Supreme Court to hold election vote canvass on Nov. 27
- Prohibiting prostitution among 400 bill requests for 2019 Nevada Legislature
- Economic outlook: Nevada to have nearly $9B in general fund for next budget
- Carson City forecast: Good rain, bad timing
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests
- Fraud suspect leaves children and escapes, sheriff’s office says; reward offered
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Congress changes veteran status for Guard, Reserves