September National Voter Registration Month
September 1, 2018
September is National Voter Registration Month and Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske is joining her counterparts across the country in urging people to register to vote. She said her staff will be working with the Advisory Committee on Participatory Democracy, local election officials and nonprofits to encourage voter participation.
She said in Nevada, citizens can register on line, by mail or in person.
"It is a right and privilege granted to United States citizens that should not be taken for granted," she said. "Nevadans need to take the opportunity to make their voices heard by electing local, state and federal officials through the process of voting."
American citizens who are at least 18 before election day and not have a felony conviction unless their rights have been restored are eligible if they have lived in Nevada at least 30 days.
To register online, visit http://www.RegisterToVoteNC.gov.
Trending In: Government
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan