Sisolak outraises Laxalt in reporting period
October 17, 2018
Democrat Steve Sisolak outraised Republican Adam Laxalt by more than $1 million between June and October.
Sisolak filed a report with the Secretary of State's office showing total collections for this period of $4.19 million compared to $2.93 million for Laxalt.
Both men listed all contributions in their reporting period including contributions as low as $3. The maximum allowed is $10,000.
Both also had significant contributions from most of the major gaming and resort corporations and both had contributions from out of state.
Sisolak pretty much dominated the contributions from unions around the state.
Sisolak has now raised a total of $5.96 million in his run for governor, more than the $5.2 million Laxalt reported to the Secretary of State thus far. Laxalt's campaign staff, however, says he has actually raised $9.4 million overall.
Recommended Stories For You
But Sisolak has also spent more, a total of $10.4 million so far. Laxalt's staff says he has spent $7.38 million.
Sisolak says 78 percent of his donations came from Nevada businesses and individuals. Laxalt's says almost 90 percent of his donations are from Nevada.
Trending In: Government
- Sisolak announces engagement
- Economic outlook: Nevada to have nearly $9B in general fund for next budget
- Dems have Assembly supermajority; just short in Senate (for now)
- Hof wins Assembly seat, commissioners to appoint replacement; Lyon County defeats brothel ban
- Carson City election results: Furlong re-elected; Giomi takes supervisor seat; Luis wins Justice of the Peace