Tahoe-Pyramid Bikeway named EPA champion
December 10, 2013
A Reno-area nonprofit group has been named an environmental champion by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Tahoe-Pyramid Bikeway is one of eight organizations in the western U.S. and the only one in Nevada to be named 2013 winners of the award that acknowledges contributions to protect the environment and support communities.
The organization was formed in 2003 with the goal of completing a 116-mile trail that follows the Truckee River from Lake Tahoe to Pyramid Lake.
Trending In: Government
- Economic outlook: Nevada to have nearly $9B in general fund for next budget
- Hof wins Assembly seat, commissioners to appoint replacement; Lyon County defeats brothel ban
- Carson City election results: Furlong re-elected; Giomi takes supervisor seat; Luis wins Justice of the Peace
- Blue Wave in Washoe, Clark; rurals stick with GOP
- Majority of women set to be on Supreme Court