Tahoe-Pyramid Bikeway named EPA champion
December 10, 2013
A Reno-area nonprofit group has been named an environmental champion by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Tahoe-Pyramid Bikeway is one of eight organizations in the western U.S. and the only one in Nevada to be named 2013 winners of the award that acknowledges contributions to protect the environment and support communities.
The organization was formed in 2003 with the goal of completing a 116-mile trail that follows the Truckee River from Lake Tahoe to Pyramid Lake.
Trending In: Government
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’