US Treasury secretary, Heller host business meeting in Vegas
August 28, 2017
LAS VEGAS — U.S Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and U.S. Sen. Dean Heller say a meeting with a group of Nevada business leaders in Las Vegas focused on ways to encourage growth in the regional and national economies.
Tax reform and efforts to relax regulations were among issues that Mnuchin and the Republican senator talked about Monday after an hour-long conference with local executives and entrepreneurs. They termed that meeting a listening session.
Heller is a member of the Senate Finance Committee, but is also considered one of the most vulnerable Republicans facing re-election in the Senate.
Heller was criticized for being slow to back President Donald Trump's failed effort to repeal and replace the health care law passed under President Barack Obama.
Heller noted that Mnuchin's visit to Nevada was one of several recent appearances in the state by top Trump administration officials.
Trending In: Government
- Wild fire burning in Pinon and Upper Colony area of Lyon County
- Historic Jack’s Bar in Carson City sells; Nevada Builders Alliance purchases landmark for $300,000
- Dam at Little Washoe Lake could breach
- Man injured in Carson City rollover crash
- Man arrested on 11 counts of sexual assault, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office