Whitley stays on as Nevada Health and Human Services director
January 16, 2019
Richard Whitley will remain Nevada's Health and Human Services director.
Gov. Steve Sisolak said Whitley's experience at the department and long public service "will be incredibly valuable as we continue to move Nevada forward."
Whitley has been director of HHS since 2015. Before that he served the Division of Public Health for 15 years. He began his state career as an institutional psychologist at the Nevada women's prison.
In addition, Sisolak named Reno City Councilman David Bobzien to head the governor's energy office. He credited Bobzien for the strong positions Reno took to increase efficiency in building and reducing the city's carbon emissions.
Before joining the council in 2014, Bobzien was a member of the Nevada Assembly.
Trending In: Government
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak signs gun background check law
- Bill would raise pay of Nevada Capitol Police
- Nevada Attorney General Ford joins lawsuit challenging National Emergency