Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections through Feb. 13 (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
– Starbucks Coffee No. 13204, 1410 E. William St., restaurant, scored 98 points. Ice machine needs cleaning.
– Domino’s Pizza, 3231 E. Highway 50, take out, scored 96 points. The sanitizer spray bottle has a Quat solution at over 400 PPM. (Repeat Violation)
– Pho 8, 248 E. Winnie Lane, restaurant, scored 95 points. The three-compartment sink is not properly set up during active dishwashing. Dishes are being washed and rinsed but not sanitized. Found no residual chlorine in the sanitizer bucket in the kitchen. (Repeat Violation)
– 5 Buck Pizza, 240 E. Winnie Lane, take out, scored 100 points.
– B’Sghetti’s Inc., 318 N. Carson St., restaurant, scored 95 points. Containers of prepared foods in the walk-in are without labels and some are uncovered. The ice scoop container at the main ice machine is dirty. The ice scoop is stored on top of other silverware. (Repeat Violation) Found dust on the inside walls of the main ice machine. Food debris is collecting at the back of the salad reach-in, in the top seams of all refrigerator gaskets, on the underside of all refrigerator handles, and on some kitchen shelving. The insides of the reach-ins need general cleaning. Ceiling and walls and some equipment and utensils have a build-up of grease and dust. Some prep surfaces are covered in food crumbs from the previous day. Caulking at the sink-wall contact in the dishwashing area is dirty. A ceiling panel is missing from above the pizza prep station. There is a section of loose FRP at the wall to the right of the pizza station. (Repeat Violation)
B’Sghetti’s Inc., 318 N. Carson St., bar/lounge, scored 96 points. Found the customer ice scoop stored improperly against a liquor bottle. (Repeat Violation) Bar mats holding clean glassware are sticking to the counter top surface. Broken glass is in the bottom of the cold glass (chest) reach-in. Some clean glassware in this unit needs to be inverted. The doors (inside and out) of the reach-ins need cleaning. There is a small area of broken and uncleanable counter top at the drink station in the restaurant area. Speed gun holder and nozzle are dirty. There is no drain hose on the holder. (Repeat Violation) Perimeter of floors and behind equipment in the bar need cleaning to remove build-up and trash.
– Jimboy’s Tacos No. 195, 2190 E. Highway 50, restaurant, scored 95 points. Found large bowls of shredded cheeses above 40F (Repeat Violation) Towel dispenser is not operational at the kitchen handsink. Repairs are still necessary on several wall and floor surfaces that have been demolished to correct facility plumbing deficiencies. The back of the three-compartment needs to be re-caulked to provide a proper seal between the sink and the wall. Remove old (black) caulking and replace with new/clean caulk. (Repeat Violation)
– Seven Eleven No. 22629, 3701 N. Carson Street, convenience store, scored 98 points. The drain hoses under the soda dispensers are touching the bottom of the floor sink. There is a missing ceiling tile above soda box rack in the back food storage/warewashing room. There is a missing ceiling tile above the soda box rack in the back food storage/warewashing room. The corner wall by the back door by the broom storage has cracked and missing plaster. (Repeat Violation)
– Plaza Hotel and Conference, 801 S. Carson St., restaurant, scored 100 points.
– Wonder Bread & Hostess Cake, 4630 E. Highway 50 No. 1, convenience store, scored 100 points.
– Starbuck’s Coffee Company, 3328 N. Carson St. No. 15, restaurant, scored 100 points.
– Les Schwab Tire Centers, 3219 N. Carson St., wholesale distributing, scored 100 points. During the month of February this establishment provides a small box of Tillamook smoke/dried meats or a gift certificate to Butler Meats.
– Les Schwab Tire Centers, 3020 S. Carson St., wholesale distributing, scored 100 points. During the month of February this establishment provides a small box prepackaged Tillamook smoke/dried beef products in two box sizes
– Artisan Cafe, 449 W. King St., restaurant, scored 100 points.
– Artisan Cafe, 449 W. King Street, caterer, scored 100 points.
– Arco AM/PM No. 82341, 4190 S. Carson St., convenience store, scored 100 points.
– Long’s Drug Store No. 9981, 3240 E. Highway 50, convenience store, scored 100 points.