Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections from Oct. 27-29 (all scores are on a 100-point scale):
• U.S. Submarine Base Restaurant, 1894 U.S. 50 East #10, scored 100 points.
• Rigoberto’s Taco Shop Restaurant, 3359 U.S. 50 East, scored 87 points. Found refried beans at 94 F in the warming unit (other foods in the same units are at proper temperatures.) Found raw, cut meats stored in plastic grocery bags in the freezer. Observed improper thawing of frozen meats. Found a cup being used as a scoop in a container of breakfast potatoes. Ice scoop is not stored properly. Facilities for manual dish washing are not properly designed, constructed, maintained, installed, located or operated. Single service articles are not handled, dispensed or stored in a manner that prevents contamination.
• Eagle Valley Middle School Cafeteria, 4151 E. Fifth St., scored 100 points.
• Molly’s Catering & Gourmet Takeout Caterer, 220 W. John St., scored 99 points. The following items need cleaning: Remove dust in the upper vents of the Delfield reach-in freezer, the window behind the Kitchen Aid mixer, the utensil drawers under the Kitchen Aid mixer, the door by the 3-C sink and the floor of the rear (separate building) food and utensil storage unit.
• Carl’s Jr/Green Burrito Restaurant, 1315 S. Carson St., scored 96 points. A cloth used for wiping food spills was found touching the hamburger buns. There was no certified food handler present at the time of this inspection.
• BPO Elk’s Lodge #2177 Food Facility Bar, 515 N. Nevada St., scored 100 points.
• BPO Elk’s Lodge #2177 Food Facility, 515 N. Nevada St., scored 100 points.
• Murphy Bernardini Food Facility Juvenile Detention Center Kitchen, 1545 E. Fifth St., scored 100 points.
• Mark Twain Elementary School Cafeteria, 2111 Carriage Crest Dr., scored 100 points.