Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• 5 Buck Pizza Takeout, 240 Winnie Lane, scored 99 points. Improper utensils are being used to dispense pizza toppings and sugar from a bin.
• Brugo’s Take & Bake Pizza, 3228 N. Carson St. #110, scored 97 points. At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• The Deli Francisco, 1329 S. Carson St., scored 99 points. Mechanical dish washing facilities are not properly designed, constructed, maintained, installed, located or operated. Chlorine sanitizer is not issuing into the dishwasher during the final rinse cycle.
• Royal Inn, 1718 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Jackson’s Convenience Store #139, 1615 E. Fifth St., scored 96 points. Found hand washing being performed in the 3-C sink. There is no separate hand washing sink for employees who prepare food.
• Dairy Queen of Carson City Restaurant, 3198 E. Highway 50, scored 100 points.
• Wize Buyz Bar & Saloon, 288 E. Winnie Lane, scored 100 points.
• Pizza Factory of Carson City Restaurant, 3120 E. Highway 50 #3, scored 100 points.
• China East, 1810 Highway 50 East, scored 93 points. Chlorine residual of less than 50 ppm is detected on dishware after final rinse. An accurate chemical test kit is not provided for the dishwashing machine or gauges are inaccurate or missing. Equipment and utensils are not handled or stored in a manner to prevent contamination. The dish racks need cleaning and are stored on the floor. One baffle is missing on the grease hood over the grills. There is thick dust buildup in the fan guard over the 3-C sink. There is red (sweet and sour) sauce splashed on the wall in the back food storage room.
• Los Garcia’s Mexican Restaurant, 2000 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.