The following health inspections are for the period of April 13-20.
• Eagle Valley Market Convenience Store, 933 Woodside Dr. #105, score 93 points. Hand washing sinks are not convenient or accessible. Mop bucket with dirty mop water in front of sink, making it inaccessible for use. Food from approved source is not labeled as required. Sandwiches/salads in an open case were held cold between 41-45 F. Voluntarily removed at time of inspection.
• Carson City Toyota Convenience Store, 2590 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• JM Discount Liquor Convenience Store, 1501 E. Fifth St. #102, scored 98 points. Ice bags from other market location do not have labels which identify where they were filled. Floors are not clean in the area under hot plate for personal items.
• Carson City Car Wash Restaurant, 1510 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Short Stop Market Finx Hot Dogs Restaurant, 1321 N. Carson St., scored 94 points. Hot dogs inside the reach-in have an internal temperature of 44.5 F. The internal ambient temperature of this unit is currently at 44 F. An accurate chemical test kit is not provided for manual dishwashing or wiping cloths. The sanitizer solution is properly mixed to 50 ppm. A supply of paper towels is not available at the kitchen handsink.
• Carson City Municipal Golf Course Bar/Lounge, 3999 Centennial Park Dr., scored 100 points.
• Carson City Municipal Golf Course Buffet Overflow Area, 3999 Centennial Park Dr., scored 100 points.
• Carson City Municipal Golf Course Eagle’s Landing Restaurant, 3999 Centennial Park Dr., scored 94 points. Various food was found stored for later use wrapped or in containers which did not have labels showing the date and item name, specifically, hamburger patties in the preparation table refrigerator were wrapped and stacked without any label. Some food contact surfaces in the ice machine were not clean, specifically, the bottom edge of the metal chute contained debris. There was no certified food handler present at the time of this inspection. A certified food handler must be present during all food operations.
• Country Store Retail Grocery, 3389 Highway 50 East, scored 91 points. Readily perishable cold food was found above 46 F. Various wrapped sandwiches and milk products were found in the small upright refrigerator at 50 F or more and not at 40 F or below. The refrigerator was tagged by the health inspector and the food must be discarded. There is evidence of rodents in the establishment. Droppings were found in the cabinets under the microwave.
• Taqueria Fuentes Takeout, 3391 Highway 50 East, scored 97 points. Food was found stored in the freezer and reach-in refrigerator without the required label, specifically, various meats were found with no name or date. Food is not prepared or served with a minimum of manual contact. A styrofoam cup was found in the flour bin and a scoop with a handle was not being used.
• Genghix Restaurant, 1480 N. Carson St., scored 99 points. Found no measurable residual chlorine sanitizer in the kitchen wiping cloth bucket.
• Eagle Valley Middle School Cafeteria, 4151 E. Fifth St., scored 100 points.
• Edmonds Park Food Facility, 1555 Bennett Ave., scored 100 points.
• Governor’s Field Food Facility, 500 Evalyn Dr., scored 100 points.
• Walgreens #04788 Convenience Store, 1465 E. William St., scored 100 points.
• Tip Top Amusements Wholesale Distributing, 1990 S. Roop St., scored 100 points.